According to Huthwaite Research
- Buyers are better informed and gain information earlier in the sales cycle.
- Buyers are 50-60% into the sales cycle before the sales person is ever engaged.
- More data are available to buyers via the internet, including social media. Buyers have access to 20 times more data than they had just 5 years ago.
- Sales and capture professionals will fail if they don’t adapt.
Selling Has Changed – Buyer behaviour is Different. But many of selling organizations are unaware of the situation. In fact, they are just another vendor with typical characteristics
- No real customer relationship (in eyes of customer)
- We are bidding mainly on “pop-ups” with short turnarounds
- We are bidding on everything and anything
- The best teammates and subcontractors are already taken
- When we lose, they tell us we are a “close second”
Note real customer issues are often hidden. The customer politics, fears, unstated requirements, value expectations, buying process, past experiences and decision biases are unknowns to us.
We need to shift left to gain these insights. What are shift left pre-proposal activities that can give us quantum improve our winning chances?
To learn how to shift left, follow our mails and join the webinar series.
Hurry up! Join the rewarding journey, by Registering with us.